Open HS tryouts for spectators?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2013
No, there is always a place you can find to watch the outdoor ones if you really want to.

Just an opinion is you are better off dropping your kid off and driving away.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
No, they are not open here. Especially, if cuts have to be made. Really small schools without big numbers trying out, usually don't care.

Don't go hang out and try to peak in. That looks bad.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
OILF: Don't go. Drop her off and pick her up after practice. When you do this, you are showing confidence in her ability to take care of herself.

Jun 24, 2013
wheezed their way in with the new JV coach who was doing a portion of the tryouts.

Part of the game, your player has to be noticeable better before I take her over someone I am comfortable with. DD is on both sides of this.

Once in, could not make them leave.

DD’s AD would kick her off the Team if I did this. Just ask and if they do not leave you have your answer if you want them and their family on YOUR Team.

Oct 10, 2011
Open

Our parents are allowed to stay but no one did yesterday. We have a big parking lot so parents will sometimes sit there. I showed up about 20 min early to pick her up and sat in the car and there were several others already there. A lot of the girls drive themselves.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I miss HS tryouts. Ours were open. We had ours during the summer before the next school year. A few of us dads would fire up the grill from the concessions and cook out. The funniest part was the betting. We'd bet ( a coke, beer, lunch, whatever ) on who would make it and who wouldn't. We'd bet on JV-V players. We'd bet on starters. We'd bet on batting orders. We'd bet on the number of players coach would keep.

We would all keep a tally on our tryout predictions until the roster was posted the first day of school. ( winner(s) of that got their "bet" )
The JV-V split, starters, batting order, we had to wait until spring to claim our prize.

It was always a great time with the guys, and entertaining to watch the freshman noob parents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd