On Deck Batter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 26, 2008
You always see the good teams that their batters are talking to the on deck batter or the entire team after she strikes out or goes to the dugout. Is she telling her team what the pitcher is throwing????

Sep 29, 2014
Could be anything that the hitter thinks is important. Maybe she has a tell for her change up, maybe it's how much side to side movement her pitches have (hard to tell from on deck), maybe it's the ump zone, maybe they had a scouting report and they are confirming something...

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
No clue.

DD takes being in on deck pretty seriously, she tries to get her timing down. It is almost like she is at bat.

She hates leading off so of course she leads of most the time.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Could be anything that the hitter thinks is important. Maybe she has a tell for her change up, maybe it's how much side to side movement her pitches have (hard to tell from on deck), maybe it's the ump zone, maybe they had a scouting report and they are confirming something...

Exactly the type of info that DDs coach has batters telling the on-deck hitter and subsequently the rest in the dugout.

May 17, 2012
Hopefully it's with regards to the umpires zone. If it's with regards to pitch sequence every time I see that as a coach I remix the sequence for the next batter.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
My girls are 18U. They are always coming in after a hit or a K saying she has a lot of movement, she's fast but not so much movement, first balls a strike every time, etc. etc. If they're talking, it's probably about what she's throwing pitch-wise, how well she's throwing it and what to look out for as far as the strike zone the umpire's giving their pitcher.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55