Oh no!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
From what I remember last year from watching the LLWS (Softball) last year at that level (world series) it is basically a national travel ball tournament there are not any local rec teams out there, it's just a matter of local rules and teams focus as to which team can make a run at it.

No offense, but you're completely wrong. Every team in the LLWS is a local rec All-Star team, with all the players coming from within their local District (typically one town, or one town plus some adjoining areas).

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
You are both right.

All the players on the Teams that make it that far are TB players, playing rec. I know by using the word ALL I am lumping everyone into 1 category but I think there are very few exceptions.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
You are both right.

All the players on the Teams that make it that far are TB players, playing rec. I know by using the word ALL I am lumping everyone into 1 category but I think there are very few exceptions.

No question that the teams that make it to the LLWS are all accomplished players, and most play travel ball in addition to Little League. But let's not call it a "travel ball tournament". Players all still have to come from the same town...how many good travel teams can say that?

Apr 11, 2012
You can play any other kind of softball or baseball during HS season you want here. It is not uncommon to allow it in states with weather changes...so check your own state rules and don't go by others.

The problem here anyway is LL both boys and girls is dropping off the earth. Everyone is going TB. In LL softball, to win at the regional or national level, you need to have a TB team or a TB pitcher, and that is how they do it. If you are on one of those teams, you are golden. If not, a long road ahead.

it takes talent to win.....isn't that always the case....?

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
My DD was asked as a 13 YOA player to play for her LL All Star team. They played Senior League. Went all the way to Regional finals. Missed the World Series by 1 game. She enjoyed the run they made. Newspaper coverage and playing with friends she started with. About 2/3's of the girls were from TB. The team they lost to was all TB. Looking back it was a neat way to wrap up her summer season that year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand