NSA Illegal Player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

no issue if the player had been reported. legal player right? I dont understand how game could end with ball caught by a illegally entered player? could not end with an illegally pitched 3rd strike?

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
For NSA "youth play", an unreported sub results in the head coach being ejected, not the player.

Their rules covering this are hard to muddle through. They're mixing in different rules that cover "youth play" and "adult play" and they call an unreported substitute an "illegal player" in adult games, but also say that in youth games an unreported sub is not an illegal player. Adding to the confusion is that they cover this in two separate rules that are seemingly unrelated and appear on two different pages.

I'm registered to umpire NSA, mainly because a guy I know is a tournament director and I might work two tournies for him a year (all the rest are ASA). I'm used to digging through rule books and figuring out rules, but the NSA rule is so oddly written and edited that I had to read it about five times to figure it out. It seemingly contradicts itself in several places and interchanges the terms "unreported substitution", "illegal substitution" and "illegal player" where sometimes they mean the same thing and others they don't!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC