Now What ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
OK, It's the "off season" or very close for most of the country. What are your plans until things ramp up again?

We have a few more simple tourneys over the next couple of weeks around here, but most of the teams are done for the year.
For us it's to get DD healed up and make a few camps until tryouts begin in January.

Jun 12, 2015
We're taking about a month off from all softball activities. Around mid-Dec we'll start doing pitching and hitting again, mostly in the basement (blah) though where I live we'll probably get a few nice enough days to go to the park instead. We'll probably start back up with team practices in January, and tournaments in late February (which will be cold but we won't care, lol).

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Just finished our last tournament of the Fall and looking forward to some time off. Played TB/HS/TB Jan-Nov. Off season will be some speed and agility and core exercises. A local trainer also has her doing some boxing....UFC may be an option if softball does not pan out!

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
No such thing as an offseason for our 18U team, unfortunately. I would love for my DD1 and her teammates to have a month or two off to heal up and recharge the batteries.

Our 14U team is off until January 1. DD2 is doing strength and speed training during her downtime, along with position lessons (P & C).

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Now what? Once/week indoor batting practice and two basketball teams! Hopefully also some catching lessons with a former MLB player who lives nearby (working on getting that set up).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid