Not SB, but cool any way.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
Kind of cool, not very far from us they are making a movie of the Jackie Robinson Story at Engel Stadium in Chattanooga, TN. My dad told me when he was a kid him and friends would hitchhike to Engel and stand outside during batting practice, if you caught a ball and turned it in you could get in for free to watch the game. Times have changed.

The young man who takes pitching lessons in the cage next to where my daughter takes lessons his college team played an exhibition game against the Chattanooga Lookouts he pitched and lost a 1-0 game. He did really well according to his coach. He is a freshman!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
if you caught a ball and turned it in you could get in for free to watch the game. Times have changed.

Dang, I haven't thought about that in years. When I was a kid, my friends and I would go watch batting practice at Chicks Stadium in Memphis. ( torn down 15+ years ago ). If you turned in a ball you got a ticket to the next game and a coupon for a free hot dog and coke. Yes, times have changed.

Oct 19, 2009
Dang, I haven't thought about that in years. When I was a kid, my friends and I would go watch batting practice at Chicks Stadium in Memphis. ( torn down 15+ years ago ). If you turned in a ball you got a ticket to the next game and a coupon for a free hot dog and coke. Yes, times have changed.

My dad has passed, but I seem to remember he also said, they got a coke and a hotdog when they turned the ball in.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I'm sorry PePPers, my father has always been an inspiration in sports in my life. Great Christian man who not only taught his 2 boys all by himself to the D1 level, but a figure in morals that still inspire us today.

He still logs 1000's of miles from New York to Florida to New Mexico watching the grandkids play. And we all live within 30 miles of each other in the same county. It's his passion. I wish I had 10% of his knowledge. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah