Not in Softball??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2010
This last year something happened 3 times that I just was told is "not done in Softball"
We were facing a real good picther and losing fairly bad, My DD was however really "ON " that day. she had this picthers number two screaming liners to the fence for tripples, The only hits of the game. The picther was obviuosly upset about this despite throwing a shutout. Her coach was calling the picthes from the dugout. In th 6th he looked at the catcher when my girl came to bat and made a fist and slugged his hand### I Knew what was coming The first pitch hit her in the back. It was done on purpose.

My dd told me she could tell she was going to hit her. It was the only walk of the game, This girl dont miss by that much ever.

This same thing happened twice more with different teams and players during the season.
Now I came from Baseball and no matter what any one says this goes on in baseball all the time.
Every BB coach I know, And it's alot of them . have a sign to hit the batter.

So when this happened I thought nothing of it But was told not long ago that Softball players dont do that
Is that so? I mean it was clearly obvious in all cases.

Now dont get all bent out of shape over this I am not arguing for or against I am merely asking a question.
getting to get my pitcher to throw strikes is hard enough.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
My DD pitched D1. She said there was a sign for hitting the batter...it was the same as for a fastball, except a different finger was used.

That being said, I don't think it was used very much...not nearly as much as baseball.

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
We go through a stretch every year where my dd is a target. It is done in softball. I made a thread recently where one of our girls was hit on purpose.

Jul 9, 2010
Unfortunately, it happens. I hate it, and I don't call it, but other coaches do. When our batter gets hit, we immediately steal. You would be surprised at how many times they are safe, because no one expects the hit batter to steal on the next pitch. I tell them the best revenge is to score.

I have to say, I absolutely hate batters getting hit intentionally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12