Nokona Gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
I got one after reading about them here. They're horrible to break in but I really like mine!

Jun 21, 2010
"The glove speaks for itself"

Yes it does! We have three. Two didn't take too long to break in. The catcher mitt is still stiff, but getting there.

3sDad

Know a couple semi pro players who say they'd sell the gloves that were given to them...They'd use a Nokona...My DD wears one when she plays in the field and utterly loves it, but the Nokona we bought for her to catch with is to hard and to slick to use...

Sep 3, 2009
Know a couple semi pro players who say they'd sell the gloves that were given to them...They'd use a Nokona...My DD wears one when she plays in the field and utterly loves it, but the Nokona we bought for her to catch with is to hard and to slick to use...

Curious, which model mitt does your dd have? My dd also complained about hers being "slick". Her hand would get sweaty and the inside on the palm side would get really slick. Is that what you're talking about? We scuffed it up with some sand paper just a little, and she started wearing a glove, problem went away.Also, i found that the glove was not drying out from the sweat properly, when she would just leave it in the bag, so we'd take it out every day and let the sweat dry out.

My dd's was pretty tough to break in too. Condition it, and use the heck out of it. My dd would use it for fielding practice too, until it broke in.

3sDad

I dunno...

Its in the back of my truck..Im not sure which model...leather in palm is so smooth (outside) that the ball basically banana peels out...she likes the Easton Natural Series catchers mitt...but we get one season out of it then its trashed...

Aug 18, 2011
Bought my first nokona last year and I love it. Break in was really quick for me. Has anyone tried the nokona glove conditioner?

May 17, 2011
I have a nokona bloodline infielder glove. It took a bit of time to break in but, well worth it.
It is a solid glove. The nokona conditioner has the consistency of vaseline. It works well for the glove.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Nokona glove conditioner is just petroleum jelly. The tags on the older gloves recommended petroleum jelly back before they marketed their own stuff.
Works ok, doesn't weigh it down, and you can actually clean the glove with the stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors