No work/ FRIDAY CHECK IN 7-9-15

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2013
Season finished last week... had the Softball SUV cleaned. I had forgotten it was that color (inside and out). They charged me extra for how dirty it was and I gladly paid it.

Used the pool for the first time this year yesterday... tomorrow it is DD's friends over hanging by the pool while we throw some ribs and wings in the smoker for many hours.
DS is off on some sleepover with one of his friends so we wont get him back until Sunday sometime.

Is this how normal people live?

I wouldn't know. :confused:

Jun 12, 2015
We lost our 2nd bracket game in PCB yesterday so today we're enjoying the beach, then tomorrow we drive home to GA. This was our last 8U tournament - next time we play, my girl will be pitching. I'm scared! But excited.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Season finished last week... had the Softball SUV cleaned. I had forgotten it was that color (inside and out). They charged me extra for how dirty it was and I gladly paid it.

Used the pool for the first time this year yesterday... tomorrow it is DD's friends over hanging by the pool while we throw some ribs and wings in the smoker for many hours.
DS is off on some sleepover with one of his friends so we wont get him back until Sunday sometime.

Is this how normal people live?
You are asking the wrong people.

Jun 11, 2013
Preparing to pack for a long week and a half...we are the crazy folks driving to Reno (from Houston, TX!). We are leaving Saturday and will arrive on Monday...and yes, we are stopping 2 nights on the way there. Should be fun...not. My parents are going too...along with my boys. Anyhow, if we play well, we may have the privilege of playing Rico's Firecrackers on Thursday!! We shall see how that pans out! :)

Also, we are staying in Sedona, AZ for 3 days after the tournament. I am looking forward to that! Amy in AZ...where are you in AZ? :)

What team are you? Not playing in TC, but DD and I plan to head out to watch some games next week.

Jan 4, 2015
Tacoma, wa
Dd is picking up with a team for 14u ASA state. She's played 16u the past 2 years (not for a lack of trying to play her 14u) so it should be interesting. I'm excited for her to play with girls her age. I just wish I could be at the tournament rather than at work!

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Two days of games for one kid, two days of practice for another...everything about 90 miles from my house on both days. Then older DD (just turned 13, I have a teenage daughter !!!) just got asked to play in the 14U TCS world series for her old team to cover for an injured pitcher, the schedule fits well with her current team commitments so she's doing it.

The whole family is getting burned out about now. I just want to get through the next three weeks and hook up a beer IV the month of August and lay by the pool and go to the beach.

I am 90% sure we are taking a family break from softball in the fall. Maybe practice once in a while with the teams to keep from getting too rusty, this year round stuff is just too much.

Jun 7, 2013
Both my daughters have State Tournament Qualifying tournaments this weekend. I will be splitting my time between them and moving my dad back home from his rehabilitation home. It will be a very busy weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole