Whats going on everyone??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
So its been a very long while since my last post. Remember those "Friday Check in's?" Anyways so to give you old and new members an update, Warriorangela got pretty frustrated with 2020, as most of have. She got robbed her senior year and of course her last year as a varsity player. Proms and the fun things seniors do were taken for her, as of course with all of the seniors this year. Before the whole thing went down, she was having some issues with a teammate not supporting the HS Team. Her being a team captain, she got super frustrated and addressed it with coaches and adults. I let her handle her HS business on her own. So much drama for my daughter in preseason that she almost quit the team before the season started. Once March came around everyone did classes online and the drama ended. It was nice!

Thru the summer not much going on, California is still pretty much lockdown. Warriorangela decided to play at Community college here in CA. Of course with guidelines in place there hasn't been any practices or much of anything. The whole situation this year really put her mind in another dimension. Since softball really didn't take off, she got herself a job working in Newport Beach Hills. I never knew that there was a Newport Beach "Hills" until recently. The taste of money in her bank account has taken over some. She loves money and buying stuff, and softball is slowly moving away from her. With that said, Warrioranglea never knew when her last game was going to be. She played a travel game in August and hit well, and pitched ok. Prior to that was HS in February. My point to parents on this board, tell your daughters that tomorrow could be the last game they play, one day it could be all over, and play each game as if it was your last. I am not saddened if Warriorangela hangs it up. She got a lot out of softball. I would love to see her play a game in College, no doubt, however with these guideline restrictions for the team, its getting frustrating for all of the players and coaches.

For myself well, I'll make it short. Got furloughed in March and in September, after 12 years working at BSN Sports I got let go because of the pandemic. They retired my position because I interact with the public, so they didn't want anyone coming in to office or me contacting the virus and giving it someone else. I know I've talked to some of you folks over the phone and it has been nice. So what now? Well Ive been working odd and end jobs and doing a few more skills videos under my belt. Also with the down time, I've been working on a new hitting video with WarriorAnglea. The video is in the final stages of editing and should be wrapped up in the next week. Going thru all of the footage we got, amazing to see how the world has changed over the past year. For those that didnt see the last hitting video we did, I will post the link below. This time around we double the places we went too. Also the new upcoming hitting video maybe my last softball video posted on my personal channel. If you decide to sub to channel, which I hope you do, I mostly run an outdoor channel. I started the YouTube to only post softball vids, then the channel started growing with some fishing and outdoor stuff. LOL.

Enjoy the video

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Very, very cool (as always) Mike!! DD(L) & I just watched it together and the other twin will watch in a bit as they're prepping for online, college classes this morning. Tell Angela we all say hey and look forward to all getting together again sometime! Like a fine wine, your vid skills and attention to "getting the shot" have definitely gotten better with age!

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Very, very cool (as always) Mike!! DD(L) & I just watched it together and the other twin will watch in a bit as they're prepping for online, college classes this morning. Tell Angela we all say hey and look forward to all getting together again sometime! Like a fine wine, your vid skills and attention to "getting the shot" have definitely gotten better with age!

Thanks Bruce. Yea we miss you guys a lot too. The drone technology has helped so much with outfielders. Plus it just looks bad rear! LOL.

Apr 28, 2014
That was a great video!
Even if Softball is over and it will be for all of us at one point the lessons your DD has learned will last with her forever

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478