No hand shake, No apology needed?!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Her you go, million dollar idea for you: Create a clear cover for cakes that has indentations on the top to stick candles in. Kid sputters the candles out, cover is removed, everybody enjoys.

*Never mind, just googled it, there is a patent issued for this already.
Thats one of those ideas that Im sure it would sell if marketed properly but I just dont have the time to fool with. And then years later when its a big hit, I’ll think to myself and say, “I probably should’ve put some effort into Northball’s idea”

Jul 5, 2016
We don't know who has medical conditions, who is being treated for cancer, who has frail people at home, who has a child with cancer, etc. For that reason, when I wear a face mask in your presence and don't offer my hand to you, I am saying I respect you. I realize that Covid-19 is not the Ebola virus, but I know of too many really healthy, fit people who have been knocked on their butt by the virus for months even in cases where they didn't have to be hospitalized.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
"Some virus"? Lol

Yes...lol. You can believe it's the monster under your bed if you want. I know a total of two people who've caught this; one was on his back for about a week and the other barely knew she had anything. There are plenty of other things one can catch from shaking hands that are big problems every time. It's not that hard to protect yourself...some self-awareness and good personal hygiene goes a long way.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Yes...lol. You can believe it's the monster under your bed if you want. I know a total of two people who've caught this; one was on his back for about a week and the other barely knew she had anything. There are plenty of other things one can catch from shaking hands that are big problems every time. It's not that hard to protect yourself...some self-awareness and good personal hygiene goes a long way.
Unfortunetly a friend of mines team has twice had to quarantine for two weeks.
This was after the chunk of months not doing any team thing.
Multiple teams in that area of the state at different times had to shut down for positive testing reasons on their teams. So it is something to consider.
It may not be a big scary monster like godzilla or the gargantuas that we can see comming at us,
...but liken it to.... we have wes nile virus masquito warnings in our area.
So i do shut the screen door.
Its not out of panic, its sensible.

Considering seeing the groups of people sitting together thats their choice.
But for me
isn't a reason for me to sit next to them or right next to my students dad. I can sit comfortably 8 feet away from him and we can both have our own personal space and chat.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
We don't know who has medical conditions, who is being treated for cancer, who has frail people at home, who has a child with cancer, etc. For that reason, when I wear a face mask in your presence and don't offer my hand to you, I am saying I respect you. I realize that Covid-19 is not the Ebola virus, but I know of too many really healthy, fit people who have been knocked on their butt by the virus for months even in cases where they didn't have to be hospitalized.

Exactly this.

Pandemic. Better safe than sick. No way am I shaking hands. Silly, stupid risk that's easily prevented.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Unfortunetly a friend of mines team has twice had to quarantine for two weeks.
This was after the chunk of months not doing any team thing.
Multiple teams in that area of the state at different times had to shut down for positive testing reasons on their teams. So it is something to consider.

Please understand, I'm only asking this question because I'd honestly like to know not to make any kind of political statement or to be uncaring in any way. Seems like so many people have already had Covid and reported no or minimal effects while others have been devastated. Every area is different, I get that. Also, were these teams tested because someone was already sick and then got tested?

How many of those with positive test results:
a) were tested more than once and as a result got counted as "positive tests" more than once in the reported numbers
b) actually became ill, saw a doctor, ended up hospitalized, in ICU, on a ventilator, or worse (heaven forbid)

Jun 8, 2016
My 5 YO's tee ball team is in 10 day quarantine right now :( A few kids on the team came in contact with somebody who had Covid.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA