Next years tournament

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 8, 2019
We are starting to plan for next years tournament and im wondering what is an appropriate registration fee. 3 game poolplay and single elimination Sunday. Last year we charged $525. We have 8 teams in (2) age groups. Id like to stick with the 16 teams, but would teams be more interested if it was a 4 game pool with single elimination Sunday?ii
This is a memorial tournament/fundraiser.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2009
If you're going to do that you should keep the pool games at 3 and do a double elimination. 4 pool games is too many unless you're doing an exposure tournament.

At the IDT in CO they play 6 pool games with a single elimination tournament.

May 29, 2015
One thing to keep in mind is the expectation if you have teams traveling and staying overnight. I’ve seen plenty of teams just skip that 1 game on Sunday rather than paying for hotels (even at a State Tournament).

Unless it is just local teams, two games guaranteed on Sunday is highly recommended.

May 6, 2015
I would definitely not expand number of teams, but you might consider, if you have facilities, to expand to a third age group.

Feb 17, 2014
What is the memorial/benefit for?

I wouldn't go double elim if your bracket starts on Sunday. That would be a long day.

Sounds like you were successful with this format. Why change it?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
If you're going to do that you should keep the pool games at 3 and do a double elimination. 4 pool games is too many unless you're doing an exposure tournament.

At the IDT in CO they play 6 pool games with a single elimination tournament.
At IDT Those 6 pool games are played over 3 days and the bracket takes 2 days to finish. And you could play 4 games on Saturday if you keep winning. That's with 80 teams though.

You need to determine how many games you will guarantee. For that price I would say 5GG over a weekend. I agree with Sparky with 3 pools into double elimination. Some games being played on Friday as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619