New hitting theory

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2009
Tulowitzki.gif

Would you consider this swing to be low level, daddy pitch kind of material?

Do you advocate swinging at balls and disconnecting at the POC?

As I tell my kids, "Never confuse luck with skill."

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
You see but don't feel. Your business strategy is good, I'll give you that. Hard stuff up shouldn't be swung at. If it is, it should be swung at as follows.... which is very much in line with what "he" teaches. (Sorry this clip is baseball - don't have much in my softball video library yet. I imagine this swing on a rise would work, no?)

Tulowitzki.gif

Would you consider this swing to be low level, daddy pitch kind of material?

Chris, you are funny.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I agree.

He had a problem with pushing the hands that the hinge bat made obvious.

CO, you earlier acknowledged that you and your student didn’t know what you were doing with the hinge bat … and yet your first rule of instruction is “If you're not practicing a good swing, you're practicing a bad swing.”

do16dl.jpg

Oct 12, 2009
Here's an updated clip of my hitter taken a week ago while he was doing 3/4 swings...

V_H_HD_BB_Public_CBBH3_2010_0208_001_001_BP_60FPS_83-94.gif

He was working on getting a feel for the correct arm action and position at the POC.

This isn't perfect, but it's much better.

Now, the hard part is getting this to translate into a full speed swing (and finding cues that will elicit this swing). Part of has worked for him was getting him to pay more attention to the angle of his front elbow, and not letting it extend so much, and not slamming his elbow down into the slot.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Here's an updated clip of my hitter taken a week ago while he was doing 3/4 swings...

V_H_HD_BB_Public_CBBH3_2010_0208_001_001_BP_60FPS_83-94.gif

He was working on getting a feel for the correct arm action and position at the POC.

This isn't perfect, but it's much better.

Now, the hard part is getting this to translate into a full speed swing (and finding cues that will elicit this swing). Part of has worked for him was getting him to pay more attention to the angle of his front elbow, and not letting it extend so much, and not slamming his elbow down into the slot.

The XX-elbow slam mechanic was not a good approach to take. Getting rid of it was the only way to go.

It would be nice if you would show more frames of the video.

My sincere congratulations on the progress. I've got to tell you, this looks more like Mitch's normal game swing than the prior video you showed. If this isn't Mitch, then who is it?

p.s.
I ran a comparison to an earlier video you posted. IMO there is another notable change than what you've listed here. Provide more frames and we'll know more.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
Chris, Tewks, Five Frame,

Keep debating and posting video clips to support your views...these clips are great for me!

Chris. Do you not "put up full swings" because you are trying to demonstrate a specific point which is your perogative as a teacher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06