Rando hitting practice question on 11 inch softballs?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Does anyone use the smaller 11 inch softballs for older teams hitting practice? Smaller target, tighter focus...Just thinking out loud and thought I'd ask. 🤷‍♂️

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Does anyone use the smaller 11 inch softballs for older teams hitting practice? Smaller target, tighter focus...Just thinking out loud and thought I'd ask. 🤷‍♂️
Guess it could make sense for bp. More fit in a bucket so you could have a few more cuts before rounding them up.
Downside it's more to drag out/put away if you're doing full practice.

Feb 14, 2019
We still hit 11inch in our cage at home (mostly due to having several buckets of them and it saves the one 12 inch bucket of Dream Seams I have for pitching). It's not a drastic size difference when hitting, but I do believe it helps my DD find the middle of the ball come game time, though.

Feb 14, 2019
We use Yellow Baseballs periodically for batting practice...
A hitting coach in our area uses regular 9in baseballs for all his lessons, whether baseball or softball. I hear it's been pretty rough on the fastpitch composite bats. No first-hand experience there, but I'm not willing to risk it.

May 27, 2022
A hitting coach in our area uses regular 9in baseballs for all his lessons, whether baseball or softball. I hear it's been pretty rough on the fastpitch composite bats. No first-hand experience there, but I'm not willing to risk it.
Yeah, none of the girls in our HS hit hard enough to do that much damage, but we do tell them to use 'dead' bats and not their game bats with these.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles