New here-Need specific glove help please?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Yeah I read the same thing, the new Vinci's have a redesigned, better, stronger, (?) thumb stay. Sorta drives home my
point about customer service ! What did you buy to game if the Vinci is your back up glove?
We bought a 2014 Wilson A2K 12" H-Web (all leather). My Daughter said she likes the Vinci and it served her well, but she is in love with the A2k. Last glove I will buy!

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
One of My 10yo DD's teammates has a All-Star Vela "Three-Finger" fielding glove. It's really nice, very well made, with high-quality leather. Be prepared for a long break-in, though. It's very stiff right out of the box. My DD's teammate is hoping to have it ready for the Spring season.

The Miz MVP has a velcro wrist strap. Personally, I like the velcro strap. It's really a preference thing.

I just bought the Vela three finger 11.5, I love it!!! I have really, really small hands and find that the three finger is lighter and allows me to easily close the glove.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I just bought the Vela three finger 11.5, I love it!!! I have really, really small hands and find that the three finger is lighter and allows me to easily close the glove.

WinThemAll, is this glove designed so you have to put two fingers (pinky & ring) in the pinky loop? I just recently
bought a horween Rawlings PRO12TC for me and thats how I broke it in. Leather on the glove is incredible. It would
take a 12-14 yo girl a solid year to break this glove in.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
WinThemAll, is this glove designed so you have to put two fingers (pinky & ring) in the pinky loop? I just recently
bought a horween Rawlings PRO12TC for me and thats how I broke it in. Leather on the glove is incredible. It would
take a 12-14 yo girl a solid year to break this glove in.

Yes, with small hands I always moved my fingers over, I even put my index and middle finger in the same slot. It really helps me keep the ball in the pocket.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00