New Glove time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Wow! Those pics are awesome and give a great sense of what it looks like with softballs. Thanks for that!
Morton's always has a 10% off coupon, that puts it inline with a plain old retail HOH or A2000 at Dick's! And this exclusive definitely isn't a plain old retail glove!

May 3, 2019
Well, the pics and 10% discount were all I needed to push me over the edge. :) Got one on the way! Thanks.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
And it’s not that they’re stiff, about 2/3 of the heel padding needs to be removed on day one!

How do you remove 2/3 of the heel padding? I agree, I bought a HoH Rawlings and was totally impressed with the lack of heel padding. What is it even there for, to protect against a misplayed bobbled ball stinger?

After reading @Schmick's Gloves maintenance thread, I've purchased some glove pocket adhesive and I'm going to get after the gloves that we have.. I've already looked to buy a lace skiver!! Last question, how would you go about replacing the XRD with a felt pad?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
How do you remove 2/3 of the heel padding? I agree, I bought a HoH Rawlings and was totally impressed with the lack of heel padding. What is it even there for, to protect against a misplayed bobbled ball stinger?

After reading @Schmick's Gloves maintenance thread, I've purchased some glove pocket adhesive and I'm going to get after the gloves that we have.. I've already looked to buy a lace skiver!! Last question, how would you go about replacing the XRD with a felt pad?
As far as heel padding, are you talking about a Wilson? The felt may be doubled up and it’s as simple as removing half of the felt, or buying a thinner piece of felt. I’ve never done a A2000 before. Paging @Schmick's Gloves!

Every glove I buy or order, I make sure they have leather palm pads (if they even have a palm pad), I never buy gloves with a Poron XRD palm pads!

I imagine you could cut a piece of 1/8” F3 felt large enough so it can’t move / slide around, glue it and punch some holes to lace it in with the palm lace.

Wonder if leather and a thinner piece of felt can be sandwiched in together, glued, and then laced in place?

Last edited:
May 7, 2015
SoCal
As far as heel padding, are you talking about a Wilson? The felt may be doubled up and it’s as simple as removing half of the felt, or buying a thinner piece of felt. I’ve never done a A2000 before. Paging @Schmick's Gloves!

Every glove I buy or order, I make sure they have leather palm pads (if they even have a palm pad), I never buy gloves with a Poron XRD palm pads!

I imagine you could cut a piece of 1/8” F3 felt large enough so it can’t move / slide around, glue it and punch some holes to lace it in with the palm lace.

Wonder if leather and a thinner piece of felt can be sandwiched in together, glued, and then laced in place?

I have 3 or 4 gloves that I'd like to start working on, a Nokona catchers mitt, a wilson A2000 12" needing some pocket adhesive, and finally, I'd like to refurb my DD's wilson catchers mitt. I'd work on them in order so for the one that really matters, the wilson catchers mitt, I'd hopefully not screw it up. That one needs pocket adhesive and I think the palm pad is XRD. If it is, I need to have a plan before taking it apart.

@Schmick's Gloves have you ever had a A2000 FP catchers mitt apart?

May 3, 2019
Just got one of the ProTs. Amazing! DD is excited to get started with it; going to play our first round of catch now. It's not as stiff as I thought it would be.

Hard to capture it in pictures, but here are a few.

PXL_20210227_215033480.jpg
PXL_20210227_215135392.jpg
PXL_20210227_215213238.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00