New Glove time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 18, 2016
ok....so my 15 YO DD has had a Bradley glove from GloveWhisperer for a couple of years now and it's starting to get a little loose and broken down. We're going to start looking for a new glove for her. She's a SS/3rd base and uses a 11.75 inch glove. She's tried an A2000 but it was too stiff for her and she never really liked it after a year or so of trying. (it was a good glove).

What recommendations for a good glove that a girl with smallish hands. Was thinking about the Rawlings but didn't know how stiff they were?

I know there's a glove guru or two in here so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
A Don Morton Pro1000-HC with the wrist laced to the smallest setting sounds like the winner here! It’s Horween, so yeah it’s stiff, but it breaks in pretty easily and stays firm and holds it’s shape forever!

It’s a perfect infield pattern, I’ve put probably 5 or 6 on girl‘s hands, the youngest being a pretty big 8th grader, they’ve all loved it!

I’ve recently broken in two of the A2000 “FP” fastpitch model gloves, don’t want to offend anyone but those are POS’s! Nothing about them are impressive! And it’s not that they’re stiff, about 2/3 of the heel padding needs to be removed on day one! The glove wants to bind up between the heel and pinky break, it never wants to close!

A comparison between the Pro1000 and one of Wilson’s A2000 FP gloves is really a joke, no comparison at all!

The Pro1000 is a listed 12” glove, it measures closer to 11.75”.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Gloves are just something you use between times to hit :)

j/k AD ;)
As a .900+ hitter in softball for YEARS, hitting just got so boring, a deep backhand in the hole, or a diving stab behind 2B with a serious piece of leather NEVER got boring to me, ever! 😎

Bat threads = super bland!

(In my best newb voice :rolleyes:) “Why does my 16 year olds (-13) 31/18 bat keep breaking?” Why why why??😭😭😭 Our HC wants her to move to a 34” -8, is that too big of a jump? She has big bones, I think she can handle it? Blah Blah Blah!

Love ya Core! 🥰

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
As a .900+ hitter in softball for YEARS, hitting just got so boring, a deep backhand in the hole, or a diving stab behind 2B with a serious piece of leather NEVER got boring to me, ever! 😎

Bat threads = super bland!

(In my best newb voice :rolleyes:) “Why does my 16 year olds (-13) 31/18 bat keep breaking?” Why why why??😭😭😭 Our HC wants her to move to a 34” -8, is that too big of a jump? She has big bones, I think she can handle it? Blah Blah Blah!

Love ya Core! 🥰

Score enough runs and the leather doesnt matter as long as you make the routine plays :)

Everybody digs the hitters...you know that AD

Nothing like knowing off the bat you got it, bat flip, walk to first and then off the field.

But I do absolutely agree that many bat threads do get a little bland. I even get a little
short in some of them :)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Score enough runs and the leather doesnt matter as long as you make the routine plays :)

Everybody digs the hitters...you know that AD

Nothing like knowing off the bat you got it, bat flip, walk to first and then off the field.

But I do absolutely agree that many bat threads do get a little bland. I even get a little
short in some of them :)
Core, love messing with you, you’re a heavy hitter here on this board!

Having a daughter who’s played on national teams, I’ve helped coach national teams, we both won a state championship together, she was recruited and committed to a D2 school, one thing my dumb rear has learned about softball........it’s ALL about hitting!!

Parents of premier pitching daughters might disagree, but high level softball is without a doubt ALL about hitting! Ask any high level coach!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00