New Glove time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Core, love messing with you, you’re a heavy hitter here on this board!

Having a daughter who’s played on national teams, I’ve helped coach national teams, we both won a state championship together, she was recruited and committed to a D2 school, one thing my dumb rear has learned about softball........it’s ALL about hitting!!

Parents of premier pitching daughters might disagree, but high level softball is without a doubt ALL about hitting! Ask any high level coach!

Yesssssssssssssssssss...lets copy this statement and make it a sticky. This may not be typed again
from your keyboard AD and I want to keep it safe and sound so I can use it when needed again :)

I know this about killed you to type...hahaha.

Heavy hitter...hahahaha...you crack me up man. I have a good time bantering with you bud...even though you couldnt answer my last gun question ;). But i have never learned more about
gloves from anybody else.
I would love to sit down with you and talk ball and have some bevs. You are def one of my favs
even though you like LS :)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Yesssssssssssssssssss...lets copy this statement and make it a sticky. This may not be typed again
from your keyboard AD and I want to keep it safe and sound so I can use it when needed again :)

I know this about killed you to type...hahaha.

Heavy hitter...hahahaha...you crack me up man. I have a good time bantering with you bud...even though you couldnt answer my last gun question ;). But i have never learned more about
gloves from anybody else.
I would love to sit down with you and talk ball and have some bevs. You are def one of my favs
even though you like LS :)
Glad you enjoyed that Todd, the truth is the truth!

Look at it this way, we’ll use Anna as an example. Give her her choice........

** 1) A pitched shutout, or a one or two hit win, that’s an awesome feat and hard to do!

** 2) Making 3, 4, 10 incredible defensive plays at SS, including a couple of circus plays, diving plays that the other coach tips his hat to! This is her special place, and she’s really good here!

** 3) Or, hitting a dinger off of a D1 commit on front of 10 college coaches, or hitting a 2 or 3 RBI gapper to win a game in the last inning, or last at bat. Or being absolutely the smallest girl on a 18U National and hitting in the 3 or 4 hole by earning it!

As much as she loves all 3, and who in their right mind wouldn’t, and as much as I’m a fan of #2, hitting and #3 without a doubt brings her the biggest smile, and the biggest head! Reason being it came from HARD WORK!! She was a way above average fielder and had a cannon at the age of 10, with hitting that definitely wasn’t the case! In fact the Summer between the 10th and 11th grade is when it came together, wish I could say it was something I said or did, but.......

Yep, in crunch time, she’ll choose hitting! :rolleyes:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
As much as she loves all 3, and who in their right mind wouldn’t, and as much as I’m a fan of #2, hitting and #3 without a doubt brings her the biggest smile, and the biggest head! Reason being it came from HARD WORK!! She was a way above average fielder and had a cannon at the age of 10, with hitting that definitely wasn’t the case! In fact the Summer between the 10th and 11th grade is when it came together, wish I could say it was something I said or did, but.......

Yep, in crunch time, she’ll choose hitting! :rolleyes:

Yupper, i really think hitting is most girls choice because its more of a one on one thing. Its all that
hard work in the cage and net...and its going up against someone else who is at their best. Hitting
is more of a "I" succeeded thing. Not saying its a selfish thing at all, its just something a hitter
accomplishes and knows she just won a battle herself each time she gets a hit or homer.
When on defense and pitching, its more of a team win.

Jun 2, 2019
Whew....I got frightened there for a bit when I thought mom and dad were going to fight😀! Can’t have my bat and glove gurus going at each other. Of course I knew better, neither seems to take themselves too seriously which is why I’ve asked both for advice

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414