New Glove time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Well I’ll give myself up for a little comic relief, it’s a price I guess I’ll pay for the greater good here!
Yup and I could always tell my wife I was talking about her so I think I am safe...even though she has never worn leather..at least around me.

May 3, 2019
Jumping in here ...and get back to OT :) ....DD is a 14 yo mid-fielder and has the 12" A2000 SR and been using it for about a year and a half. She's complaining about the ball popping out (I've seen it a couple times too) and just doesn't seem real happy with it. Also, as Annasdad stated, the heel of the glove is tough to deal with. Given she's in a similar situation to OP, I'm looking at the recommended PRO1000HC. Just wondering if I'm jumping the gun and maybe there's something I can do to salvage her current glove. I've relaced it once to stiffen the basket, but that's about it. Also, she hates changing gloves. So, whatever I do has to be worth the change.

Having said that, I am very tempted to just pull the trigger on that Rawlings and get her into something that will get her through HS and college.

Apr 20, 2015
I'd pull the trigger because she's not happy and 14yos need to be mentally happy with their equipment. Its much more likely she needs a slight physical improvement to her fielding but good luck getting her to believe that when there is something else to blame. Remember that middle infielders don't really field balls with their glove in most cases they are deflecting balls into their throwing hand with their glove so if its popping out frequently there's something out of whack with one hand or the other.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

May 3, 2019
I'd pull the trigger because she's not happy and 14yos need to be mentally happy with their equipment. Its much more likely she needs a slight physical improvement to her fielding but good luck getting her to believe that when there is something else to blame. Remember that middle infielders don't really field balls with their glove in most cases they are deflecting balls into their throwing hand with their glove so if its popping out frequently there's something out of whack with one hand or the other.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

She's always been a pretty good fielder; better than most around her. But yes, I haven't ruled out she could be developing a fielding issue. I just haven't been able to see anything stand out ...or her coaches. Having said that, if the depth of the PRO1000HC isn't quite enough for softball, that one may not work either. I suppose of we get it and she doesn't like the size, it can be returned as long as it's not used.

Apr 17, 2019
I'm glad to hear others chirping about the A2000. I bought one during the Wilson sale last Fall and haven't been too impressed. I haven't broken in a glove of my own in forever though, so figured I just had to work it more. I find I don't have much feel with it, and balls pop out as a result - just practicing with the girls ... and that's embarrassing as a coach. I need to replace or rebuild my 25 year old beloved A9631 though. (Don't laugh, lots of memories in that glove!) Don't think it's worth rebuilding, so shopping again.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Having said that, I am very tempted to just pull the trigger on that Rawlings and get her into something that will get her through HS and college.

This glove can't be beat for middle infielder, even if it is a baseball glove!

079.JPG080.JPG

May 3, 2019

This glove can't be beat for middle infielder, even if it is a baseball glove!

Wow! Those pics are awesome and give a great sense of what it looks like with softballs. Thanks for that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad