New Glove time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Yupper, i really think hitting is most girls choice because its more of a one on one thing. Its all that
hard work in the cage and net...and its going up against someone else who is at their best. Hitting
is more of a "I" succeeded thing. Not saying its a selfish thing at all, its just something a hitter
accomplishes and knows she just won a battle herself each time she gets a hit or homer.
When on defense and pitching, its more of a team win.

Oh, I 150% agree with this. When it comes to hitting, it's totally a one-on-one thing. I'll totally agree with something @ANNASDAD said. You can pitch a one or two-hit shutout. Definitely hard to do. And it feels like such a great accomplishment when it's against a team that has traditionally had your number. You can have such a great game defensively and make great spectacular catches. Or you can go to the plate and hit a memorable bomb or a bases-clearing double in a clutch situation against a pitcher that's had your number. I'm like @ANNASDAD's daughter and I'll pick offense every time.

To me, hitting is such a zen thing. I'm in the zone when I have my Power Carbon in my hands, staring down the pitcher hoping she makes a mistake I can pounce on like a Leopard hunting a Gazelle on the Saranghetti on one of those nature shows. It feels like nothing else when I hit that bomb or I drive a ball to right-center and clear the bases giving my team a win.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00