New bat for daughter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 4, 2014
I found a Miken Rev-Ex Light 32" 20oz -12oz drop Fastpitch Bat FREV12 for $99. Seems like a good fit in both the weight and length.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2013
last year I bought a closeout model Combat Lisa Fernandez -10 for about $55 shipped on ebay. They currently sell the newer model on justbats for $210...I'm very happy with it, nice bat.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
last year I bought a closeout model Combat Lisa Fernandez -10 for about $55 shipped on ebay. They currently sell the newer model on justbats for $210...I'm very happy with it, nice bat.
My 9yo DD is swinging the -12 version of the Combat Lisa Fernandez (alloy barrel, composite handle), and it's done well for her. With the softer 11" balls our league uses, the alloy barrel seems to launch the ball a little better than her all-composite Demarini Vendetta. I got the Combat for about $35 on eBay (NIW).

That is a nice choice but I would try and transition her from the Miken to something in -10 (or a -11 DeMarini) as soon as possible. The -12 is very light for a 32" bat and is also light for a 12 year old girl. She might be leaving a bit of pop in the dugout with such a light bat ... no need to handicap her any longer than necessary.

Once she gets used to the length, I'd have her try some light-swinging -10s and perhaps the -11 CF5/CF6 and get her into the one she likes. She'll thank you for it!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
He is trying LAS...gotta give her a little time :) ...She was just using a 17oz bat so he is making positive strides. Plus, the budget kinda took bats out of the mix.

Would have loved to suggest a 32/22 LXT ;) (that was a joke folks)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse