New Bat Decision: 2014 Xeno/LXT or 2015 CF7

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2014
I've got a decision to make and the prices I can get these three choices (2014 Xeno/LXT or 2015 CF7) are relatively the same. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I would say the hitter I'm purchasing for is a solid, line drive hitter but can hit for power if she really steps on it.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I've got a decision to make and the prices I can get these three choices (2014 Xeno/LXT or 2015 CF7) are relatively the same. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I would say the hitter I'm purchasing for is a solid, line drive hitter but can hit for power if she really steps on it.

Honestly these are all high quality bats and it almost comes down to personal preferences and 'feel' of the bat. How it 'swings' for her in her hands.

My DD loves her CF7 and has a lot of confidence in it - she doesn't like the Xeno's. However her teammate who is a very, very similar player loves her Xeno and doesn't like the CF7.

I know this has been no real help at all at getting you to a decision, but performance wise at the same price - there is just not a clear 'better bat' between these models.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
My DD just bought (with her own money) a 2015 Xeno after demo swinging one at a college showcase. She loves it and you can find some good deals if you look around...

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009

We have all. Actually a cf6 insane, not cf7 (had a reg cf6 too).
They are all great, but all feel different. The cf (not insane) swings light to weight, the xeno swings a touch weighty and end loadish. The lxt is in between. Of all bats we have/had, against good pitching dd likes her lxt by far the best.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

Why on earth would you be paying the same prices for a 2014 LS, as you would for a 2015 CF7?

Aug 31, 2014
Why on earth would you be paying the same prices for a 2014 LS, as you would for a 2015 CF7?

The travel team she plays on (and I coach for) has a relationship with Demarini, so we can get a good discount on the new CF's. It brings them to around the same ballpark in price.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The travel team she plays on (and I coach for) has a relationship with Demarini, so we can get a good discount on the new CF's. It brings them to around the same ballpark in price.

If the CF7 isn't under the 2 bill mark, its not the same ballpark

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2013
Middle Georgia
It's personal

This type of question is constantly being asked on message boards across the country. I get it, but nobody can answer this question outside of offering personal bias, and they may be wrong in your specific case. Find a place she can swung them all, and let her determine what she's most comfortable with. What's best for some, will not be for others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan