Need tough batting gloves?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 16, 2014
Was trolling around Menards few months back and came across these work gloves. So I tried them playing ball. They felt really good. Lightweight, durable and breath nice. I've used them for few months, and love them. So I have 4 pairs now. $5.00 a piece....hell yes!!

So the kiddo came up to me last weekend and said "look dad these are ripped", $40 Nike BGs. She ripped her 3rd pair in less than a year. So I took at trip over to Menards again, didnt find same gloves as mine but found the ones below. She used them over the weekend and said they are great. The palm and fingers have a thin sticky plastic on them. She says they grip the bat really well and no chance of slipping so she doesnt have to squeeze as hard. No problems wearing them under her fielding glove either.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
One of our players uses Mechanix gloves. Tough and great apparently... even come in pink...

Mechanix-Wear-MG-72-520-Womens-Glove-Pink-Camo-Medium-0.jpg

collinspc

Softball Dad
Apr 23, 2014
Pittsburgh PA
Hmm they sell aluminum pipe I could make a bat ;).......
Seriously, great idea, I see these gloves all the time and would never have thought to use them for batting gloves.

Amy good idea for sun glasses. Another is safety glasses from work. I got both my son and daughter mirrored wrap around safety glasses that they love wearing.

Jun 16, 2014
We tried those gloves but they have a lot of stitching on the palms and too thick in places on the palm, one of my whole families pet peeves about bg's, also wrist strap is thick. But they are super tough and breath great.

One of our players uses Mechanix gloves. Tough and great apparently... even come in pink...

View attachment 6559

waukeshahurricanes

Hurricanes Island
Sep 12, 2011
The best and longest lasting batting gloves i have found a spiderz they just keep going my daughter has pair that is 4 years old and she plays alot..

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have found that spiderz are complete junk...don't stand up for anything. Me and my partner blew thru a couple demo pairs in no time. I refused to carry the product. Only my opinion.

I have found that motocross gloves are amazing. Durable, tons of colors (from mild to wild) and cheap. I have used them for many years now and will not use anything else for my play. You can get most pairs from 10-20 bucks. Especially if you wait for the older model years to go on sale. The only reason I throw any pairs away is because I use adhesive spray for bat grip and it gets nasty after a while. Plus, they get filthy.

But, the palms do have double layers for the most part, so they might be a little thick if you want real thin gloves. But then, the thinner gloves usually don't hold up.

On a side note...JT Racing gloves were terrible. I went thru 2 pair in 2 weeks (they replaced them with no hassle). The sewing came apart in a hurry. I stay away from them.

Also heard good things about the mechanix.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2013
South Central Pa
Very impressed with the Vinci #5's. The pictures show my daughters after about 75 games and practices for 8 months. I am a little partial as a player rep but great products speak for themselves.
vinci.jpgvinci2.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez