Need some ideas for DD "double hitch"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2011
I call it a double hitch because she starts strong, drops hands and bends knees (that's why I call it a double hitch) then swings. When she swings, she does stiffen the front leg and leans back slightly....it's weird...she goes from strong position to bad position to good position. She is actually a pretty powerful hitter despite her issues. I just wish we could get this bad habit broken.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Hard to know without video or a photo, but you could try to widen her stance to reduce the knee bend and have her try to focus on starting the swing with her hands at armpit height.

Edited after video posted - study the like-titled thread and teach her to "turn the barrel"

Last edited:
May 31, 2011
I'm going to take the iPod to work tomorrow and try to upload the video. I kind of think, after watching several swings, that it also stems from her triggering her hips too late. It's like she goes straight back to load and gets in a decent position, but then the next move seems to be hands down a bit, then knees bend, then hips fire and she gets back into a good position leaned back against a strong left leg.

X pitcher

Banned
Apr 5, 2013
Micco Fl.
Too bad more girls don't give up swinging and learn to slap from in front of the plate. Once a girl learns to hit speed before the ball gets to the plate she will have the game beat. She will have bat control and have a great on base %. It is hard to make contact and just put the ball in play, but small ball kills giant pitchers. Ping Pong. just relax and be ready, it's more fun being a tuff out than a wasted time at bat.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I call it a double hitch because she starts strong, drops hands and bends knees (that's why I call it a double hitch) then swings. When she swings, she does stiffen the front leg and leans back slightly....it's weird...she goes from strong position to bad position to good position. She is actually a pretty powerful hitter despite her issues. I just wish we could get this bad habit broken.

This is not a 'hitch'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd