Need help with throwing! Please give tiips

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 14, 2013
I am in the middle of our high school softball team right now and we are getting ready for our first game. I used to play softball when I was younger and never had a problem making throws, but I haven't played in a while due to an injury I had and now that I am playing fastpitch in high school my throwing has become really bad. I talked with my coaches and they gave me pointers. I am left-handed and when I throw the ball they told me to stand sideways and wind up my left arm for power and also to snap the ball downward from my hand when I release. This has made it better, but I am still throwing upwards and without the speed or distance that I want. If you give me some tips or advide it'd be great!!

Nov 11, 2012
throwing help

If you could post a video it might help. Or try emailing one to me. aaron.recklesssports@gmail.com

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Here's a link to another thread here at DFP posted by Austinwass that I think might be very helpful.

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/sof...tability-ball-throws-arm-action-sequence.html

The thread has a link to Austin's ABAthletics website (its free and you don't have to log in) and a very short video clip of a simple, excellent throwing drill that may very well solve your problem. Hit the pause button right after hitting play and move through the video a frame at a time using the right arrow key to see exactly how its done.

IMO Austin is a throwing authority and you can find other throwing-related info and drills he's posted here by using the DFP advanced search function using his screen name and throwing.

Good luck

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC