Need Help From IR Experts?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I would guess the OP was referencing this "drill"...

2d9eonm.gif

Does anyone have a clip of Jennie actually pitching using this bowling action (palm down at 9:00)? You know...Hanson Principle

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Unfortunately Jenny is a prime example of someone who does it very well but certainly cannot and should not teach others. The OP would do well to run from the HE coach. You are paying them for their knowledge and expertise, not for the opportunity to educate them. If the PC can't or won't teach IR, how will your DD benefit from the relationship other than to appease the equally clueless HS coach?

Feb 21, 2013
I stand by my response. Why in the world would you want to go to a pitching coach that isnt teaching your DD the correct way to pitch? I dont care what situation you are in.....Furthermore, high school ball, at least where I come from, is a joke compared to competitive travel ball. If the high school coach wants to win ball games and your DD can pitch good enough to do it, then the high school coach shouldnt care if your DD is going to Mickey Mouse for pitching lessons or how she pitches. If he does care, why should you care what he thinks in the first place??? High school softball coaches and competitive travel ball pitchers go together like oil and water. I guess it is up to you which one you are going to be....the oil or the water. Again, good luck.

Thanks again for the response. Let me be clear. I do NOT want and am NOT staying with this pitching coach. As I said, I am trying to handle the situation with some finesse. You are also correct that the level of play at the high school level is certainly subpar when compared to travel ball here in general and more specifically my DD travel team. HOWEVER, my daughter REALLY wants to play on her high school team. There is definitely as sense of pride in her mind. While I couldn't care less, I am firm in my attitude that this is HER experience and it is my job to guide and support her through it.

In theory, you & I have the exact same outlook, but in practice I need to gently navigate the situation. Thanks again

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
In this particular case (pitching mechanics), I'm not sure whether it matters if the HS program is sub-par or top-notch.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2014
softballese often has, like most languages, has many different dialects. my understanding is that 3 0'clock is when the pitcher's ball hand is pointing towards the catcher. mads DD is doing a 9 down to 3 up drill. so it is probably for the best he has chosen to move on.
Great Luck for your DD

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad