need good 12" practice balls - Florida

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 26, 2013
South Florida
What types and quantities of 12" balls would you guys recommend for a 12U travel squad.

I prefer practicing with game like balls when throwing and taking live BP.

What types of balls / quantities do you use for your travel teams and why?

Thanks in advance for all the replies.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If you play tournaments where you provide game balls you will quickly build up a supply of practice balls. If you play tournaments where game balls are provided, ask the tournament director if you can buy the used balls - we usually pay $1 each.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
If you are going to buy a case or two of practice balls I recommend Trump. Their covers seem to hold up better than most.

May 26, 2013
South Florida
Thank man, I have a mixed bucket of trumps, Worths and Badens. A few Evils in there as well.

Id say Evil, Trumps and Badens seem to be the best.

We do play tournaments were balls are provided, Ill ask TD at next tourney if abailable. Thanks.

But, in the meantime, which particular balls last longest throug practices, and also gives good performance.

Also, do you also use a mix of rubber balls for any reason, TCB balls..? Wiffles..?

I saw a coach yesterday with about 6 different buckets of balls. Now, Im all for being prepared, but I felt that was a bit much, however, maybe I'm missing something.

May 31, 2012
The more balls the merrier. Less time spent picking them up. Put buckets everywhere when doing infield drills.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I have not bought practice balls in over 3 years. I am an admitted ball hoarder, and many tournament balls have found their way into my bucket.

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
I'm for trump balls. They seem to last the longest for me. Every worth ball I've used gets egg shaped after batting practice. I have waffles, tennis balls, TCB balls and regular 12" balls. I also have quite a few buckets.

Great idea on buying tourney balls.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA