MY 14yo DD update.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2010
We played last night against one of the best 16U pitchers in our area last night. We won the game 1-0 and we only had 2 hits off her, but one of the hits was a shot off the leftfield fence on an inside fastball by Brooke for a double. She would go on to score the only run of the game.

We've played 10 games so far this year and Brooke hasn't struck out once. First 6 or so games she was constantly hitting hard top spin grounders due to being early. The last 4 games she's getting her groove and is starting to pound the ball. IMO she is going to have a HUGE year.

Jun 21, 2010
I love reading stuff like this. I know what you're feeling. Felt the same thing lastyear when DD was hitting everything, or getting walked. What a relief to get on base! I felt bad for girls who were not hitting as well. This year, looking good so far.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
Congrats to your DD. I, too have a 14U DD. One tournament, she hits .569, the next .250. In 71 PA this year, she has 8 BB on 1 K. She's batting .426, but I'm afraid she's not being patient enough and swinging at strikes she should let go.