Moving up to 12u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

RJK

Mar 23, 2022
What are some of the key differences and hardest learning curves you noticed moving from 10u to 12u from both a players and coaches perspective? My daughter has played in some 12u games so I have some idea, but I'd like to hear what you all think. Thank you!

Jun 20, 2015
12" ball is #1. pitching from 40' #2. Pitching will get better. your team better hit, versus walk-a-thon.

coaching actually becomes coaching and instructing versus getting most to pay attention, snack conversations, etc.

And at least for majority, parents begin to call down. 10u parents are insane.

RJK

Mar 23, 2022
12" ball is #1. pitching from 40' #2. Pitching will get better. your team better hit, versus walk-a-thon.

coaching actually becomes coaching and instructing versus getting most to pay attention, snack conversations, etc.

Absolutely! My daughter throws pretty hard for 10u but when she pitched in 12u the bigger ball and distanced slowed her down. Still accurate just not overwhelming. Wasn't her typical 1-2-3 inning.

Im lucky, our parents are great so I'm not super worried about that but I've seen it with other teams.

Oct 4, 2018

So much truth here. Exactly what I'd say.

Everything gets better. Parents relax, kids improve.

Reactions: RJK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi