Motivation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2011
SO I could use some input/guidance/suggestions. I have a very very talented hs softball team. We started the season 3 and 0 had our first loss and lets say were now 5 & 5. It appears since we lost my girls motivation has disappeared. I know you cant coach desire or passion but any advice on how to spark the fire in my team!? Ive tried the hard tough approach, the lets have fun approach and the show me why youre here approach and im striking out. Help!? Were just over half way thru our season, I believe in them, how do I get them to do the same?

May 11, 2009
Have them all take a look at a You Tube video called "I am a champion speech". Better yet bring your laptop your next practice and show it to the team in your team room. It is the best motivational piece I have seen. I know it is geared towards football but there will be more then a few girls on your team that will take this video to heart and run with it. I did this with my TB team when we started to let up. We were not suppose to win more then 2 games all year. We went 8 & 7. I am very proud of these kids but motivation was not easy. I actually took this video and wrote my own version that made it a little more towards softball or any sport.
Good luck and remember they make the effort and to get them motivated is the key to success.
MK

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck