Most can probably relate to this

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2009
Two weekends ago my DD decides to slide headfirst into second stretching a single into a double. As I may have mentioned a few times the kid is a decent pitcher and even ok hitter but at no point EVER in her career has anybody said boy she is fast on the bases and her sliding is out of this world. I have always told her feet first. Well to make a long story short she dislocated her middle finger on her pitching hand. But that is not the point of the post. Assuming she continues to progress things will be fine.

My two points I think many can relate to are first, as I am calling my wife to let her know what happened, she answers the phone as I am saying "Where are those insurance cards?" as I am digging through my wallet. She told me later all she could think is that she was hit by a line drive without her mask. I literally kid you not and I am not trying to start anything on that topic...again. Suffice it to say the topic has been "discussed" a few times at the ol' homestead. And second as we are headed toward urgent care my DD simply asks: "How did my slide look?" I said something like "What the ? and probably an expletive. She said "You know I don't slide head first alot so how did it look?" Like I say in the beginning I am sure many of you can relate.

Final point she did purely out of reaction put her finger back in place and was trying to talk her way back into pitching the next inning. Again something I am sure you can relate to.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
...she did purely out of reaction put her finger back in place and was trying to talk her way back into pitching the next inning.

Clearly, this is a thinly-disguised brag post. Please have it moved to the appropriate section of the forum. :p ;) :D

Oct 3, 2009
LOL Eric I did not mean it that way but it certainly appears that I am guilty as charged. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck