more drama from Florida v Auburn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I'm sure that everyone knows the history with this coach and her family. If not, look into it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Wow, I looked into it. Seems Fagan older sisters were working part time for FSU as mascots. Not cool.

Nov 29, 2009
The TW/Fagan thing goes back to 2012. In 2012 TW tossed her sisters off of the FL team along with another girl. The rumor is, basically, the team told TW they go or we won't step on to the field. The rumors were the sisters and the other girl were cancers on the team. Supposedly, one of the sisters physically went after the girl who bringing the issues to TW. After seeing Fagan's actions I have to think the apples didn't fall far from the tree.

Fagan did not High-5 the coaching staff after the previous two games. So a petulant little girl meets an over-bearing ego and things blow up. The NCAA needs to use this as a defining moment for both players and coaches. Both are dead wrong, TW even more. He is a HC of a team. They both need to be suspended for 6 conference games.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
The TW/Fagan thing goes back to 2012. In 2012 TW tossed her sisters off of the FL team along with another girl. The rumor is, basically, the team told TW they go or we won't step on to the field. The rumors were the sisters and the other girl were cancers on the team. Supposedly, one of the sisters physically went after the girl who bringing the issues to TW. After seeing Fagan's actions I have to think the apples didn't fall far from the tree.

Fagan did not High-5 the coaching staff after the previous two games. So a petulant little girl meets an over-bearing ego and things blow up. The NCAA needs to use this as a defining moment for both players and coaches. Both are dead wrong, TW even more. He is a HC of a team. They both need to be suspended for 6 conference games.

In today's PC, safe space world I suspect the NCAA will solve this by banning post game handshakes. I am sure they will feel that since this practice could be seen as offensive and non-inclusive to some, especially those players with no right hand. In order to promote inclusiveness and diversity the practice must end immediately. In addition I expect TW and Fagan will probably be required to attend mandated indoctrination...I mean sensitivity training. After that they will be placed on double-secret probation. :)

Jan 25, 2011
Everyone has gotten so soft. It's also apparent that many of the people on this thread haven't played any sports at a highly competitive level. She was being a baby and he called her on it. It's over. Assault? Teeth on home plate? That's just chatroom talk. I baseball she would win the ear hole for life award
Sorry, but Timmy was being a $itch. Ear hole for life award that's just chat room chat. You seem a little soft to me:D

Nov 29, 2009
In today's PC, safe space world I suspect the NCAA will solve this by banning post game handshakes. I am sure they will feel that since this practice could be seen as offensive and non-inclusive to some, especially those players with no right hand. In order to promote inclusiveness and diversity the practice must end immediately. In addition I expect TW and Fagan will probably be required to attend mandated indoctrination...I mean sensitivity training. After that they will be placed on double-secret probation. :)

The sarcasm font is noted.

Unfortunately, things said in jest often come true.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
My father is probably in control of bigest LL baseball in country.

He got caught up in this exact story.

His story is he missed players hand, hit them in head.

Parent made an issue of it, made it to national level.

Good for them.

Quincy, sorry to hear that and I am sure a misunderstanding. As I am trying to make light of the situation it reminded me of one last youtube I had to share. Enjoy!

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I guess a ton of this is based on perspective. Do you really see Walton here tapping her on the shoulder as a way of congratulating her on the Auburn win?

I wouldn't have any problem at all with the action you describe, but I don't see this as anything close to that. This was physically making a point with a player from another team. Isn't that unacceptable?

I never said that what TW did was a tap on the shoulder. I was just stating what I would do if I came through a receiving line giving high-5s and came to a player in a cast, or other situation that a high-5 was not possible.

Dec 15, 2012
The player obviously did not wank to shake TWs hand after the game. (Lots of history to this story so, I am not surprised at all). Coach takes offense to it, and purposely initiates contact on the players shoulder. With hundreds of handshakes after games, I see 0% chance that this was accidental. Normal high five is a tap of hands with little to no movement. TW shoves her, no question in my mind, and she responds in kind. As a coach you coach your players and I will coach mine. I don't want anyone directly questioning my players. Disciplining, coaching, and correcting players is my job. TW was at fault with this altercation. If a player doesn't want to shake your hand, get over it. She's not your player. The Auburn coach can address his players conduct if needed.

Last edited:

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I have the perfect solution for the NCAA to discipline TW if that's the way they want to go. Require all umpires to call all illegal pitches by Barnhill.

Boom! Both major threads in one post.

Mic Drop

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbcoach26