more drama from Florida v Auburn

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Had to chuckle at this. Your DD plays a sport where she plays outside, in dirt. She sticks her hand in a glove that's full of germs. You're worried about the other team? Her hands are just as gross. :D

Not being critical. Just finding some humor, ya know. :D

Right! Have you smelled their batting gloves or helmet before? Nasty!

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
At first looked like an honest mistake by TW and overreaction by HF. After seeing it in slow motion it looks obvious to me that was intentional by TW. I wouldn't go so far as to say he "hit" or "shoved" her and to call it sexual assault is ridiculous; but it was definitely meant as a statement of "OK, you don't want to High 5, I'm going to show you". Very petty and arrogant action by the head coach of a premier program and a total ego move by TW, just keep walking dude! Now he's got to put out the contrived statement about how it was an accident...blah...blah...blah...and prolong the story in the news. I'm sure he wishes he could do it all over again and hold his hand up and keep walking, but the HC of highly visible program has to have more self control and make better decisions than that.

Can understand her reaction, not that it is right after the fact, but justified in the heat of the moment. Probably should be some clubhouse discipline from Myers for her, and FL should definitely discipline TW somehow, not fired or suspended, but maybe fined for "conduct unbecoming" (if that's possible). He's just lucky her last name wasn't Odor.

I definitely agree with others that the high 5 line is stupid and pointless. IMHO, it doesn't promote sportsmanship (at least not at the higher levels, 14U and above) and is just a trite old ritual that is done "just because". Nothing worse than winning or losing a close big game and then having to hide emotions to slap hands. If people want a sportsmanship display just take a page from the NFL and have team captains go out to shake hands before a game during 1st pitch or lineup exchange. If players go and shake hands individually after a game without being forced to do so, then it means something.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
Recruiting question.... A player for a showcase team refuses to hi-5 the coach from the opposing showcase team after the game. A college coach is recruiting this player and notices that incident. Would it impact the recruiting process? Let's assume this is a good player but not an absolute stud. IMO, if the coach is trying to decide between two similar recruits, this action just cost that player the spot

On the other side of things, maybe a recruit who is trying to decide between FL and another school is influenced by his actions? I doubt this isolated event has any effect on his recruiting but if a pattern develops it might?

Mar 15, 2013
"COACH" Must be above reproach, an example setter, a mentor, a father figure and an ambassador. TW should be suspended at least 1 game and so should Fagan for the shove back. Here's where i'm coming from.

1. It's offensive touching to almost Sexual Assault. Seems far fetched but if he grazed her chest it meets the requirements, we live in a soft world but rules are rules.
2. A man shouldn't touch a women in that manner, he wouldn't like his players being treated that way or even his own child.
3. If her not hi fiving you hurts your feelings that much maybe you shouldn't be a coach, especially of the top program in the country
4. This can not and should not be classified as an accident or a mistake, TW needs to own this screw up and own it quickly
5. Imagine you're in the line at the end of PGF nationals and a player doesn't shake your hand, would you shove her? What if a coach got in your face? Would you shove him? No!

Now for the player:

You better have a really good reason for being a spoiled brat and not shaking hands. You did your job on the field and ruined it by not shaking hands? Seems very immature to me.

The way he spun around tells me he expected it and was trying to make it seem like her fault.

Anyone who says rules are rules sounds like a sheeple.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves