Monday brag 7-11

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2015
Nothing softball related :(
But DD ran in her 1st track meet and took 1st in the softball throw (no surprise there - she has a cannon) and the 100M.
She took 2nd in the long jump, high jump and 800M. Not bad for her 1st time out!

May 15, 2014
Atlanta
I have nothing on my end other than I didn't get too sunburned and I survived 13 hours on Saturday of 95 degree heat without melting. We had a terrible day so I am not even commenting on that.

Sep 18, 2011
Dd's team did fairly well at demarini. They won their pool, but lost a 4-3 heartbreaker in their second bracket play game. DD had a fairly impressive streak come to an end. Back in April, in her first at bat of her first high school game, she struck out. She went thru the entire high school school season (24 or 25 games) and the first 4 travel ball tournaments (30+ games) before striking out in her final at bat of the Demarini tournament. As streaks go, it's probably overrated (I'd trade a few strikeouts for a few more homers) but there is something to be said about regularly putting the ball in play.

Jan 3, 2014
DD played a local tournament. Her team went a lot further than I thought it would. She caught all but one of the games. I think opposing teams only attempted three stolen bases, she threw two out. The one that made it picked the right pitch, a slow looping change up in the dirt. Her bat was a different story. Two great games, then a lot of not so great.

Removed the giant image.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
It was a weird tournament for DD.. I can recall about 6 times in her entire softball career that she's been asked to bunt.. She actually likes bunting and has told coaches that.. Well with a runner on first she lays down a beautiful bunt and it catches them off guard and that runner ends up on 3rd and DD on second after an overthrow. The coach told us after the game that he gave her the wrong sign and didn't mean to bunt her.. By the end of the tournament DD had laid down 5 successful bunts with extra bases in two of them. She thought it was a lot of fun and her coach texted her later to tell her how well she did.. The team ended up 6-2 overall.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
It was a weird tournament for DD.. I can recall about 6 times in her entire softball career that she's been asked to bunt.. She actually likes bunting and has told coaches that.. Well with a runner on first she lays down a beautiful bunt and it catches them off guard and that runner ends up on 3rd and DD on second after an overthrow. The coach told us after the game that he gave her the wrong sign and didn't mean to bunt her.. By the end of the tournament DD had laid down 5 successful bunts with extra bases in two of them. She thought it was a lot of fun and her coach texted her later to tell her how well she did.. The team ended up 6-2 overall.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I guess coach notice her new speed.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
No softball last weekend. My brag is that I managed to get DD packed up and sent off on a 5-day church mission trip. WITHOUT her phone <gasp!> It's time that this child comes to understand how fortunate she is and a little exposure to life outside suburbia while serving others seemed like just the ticket. Can't wait to see what kind of frame of mind she is when she returns on Friday evening.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06