Molded vs Metal Cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2011
What are some of your experiences/opinions on metal vs molded cleats? From all perspectives...pitchers, catchers, fielders, base running. My DD is at that age now where she can make the switch to metal so looking for some input.

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
Nothing beats the sound of metal cleats in a concrete-floored dugout. :D

Honestly, as a baseball infielder I don't notice too much of a difference.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Once she goes to metal, she may never go back to molded, I have never played one game in molded. Everyone wore metal.

Jun 19, 2013
DD switched to metal this past fall for fall ball after a bit of nerves on her way to her first practice re: how it was going to go she has loved them. Said she felt faster, more stable, etc. Said her feet hurt less after multiple games too. oh yeah she is a pitcher

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
I asked the same question here a while back, and was correctly advised to go metal. DD must go back to molded cleats for middle school season, which she says "is stupid." She's a pitcher/SS, btw.

Jan 3, 2014
My catcher DD likes to wear turf shoes when catching. When playing middle infield, she likes metal. She tells me the turf shoes are much more comfortable and give surprisingly good traction when running bases. I don't pretend to understand her. I've never seen her slip running the bases in the turf shoes. But, she wears them when she's catching so they run for her a lot.

Jul 10, 2011
My 12U team plays quite a bit of 14U ball. Even though we are a 12U team, every girl owns at least one pair of metal spikes. That should tell you something.

If I were a gambling man, I'd be willing to bet that your 12's are holding their own and then some at 14U, LAS.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish