Molded cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
Moved to the northeast, and my 14u girls can no longer use metal cleats at 14u. I havent looked at molded cleats in quite a while, what is the best out there right now? They wear Ringor metal now.

One catcher/corners and one utility player.

Thanks,
Moe

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Stay with Ringor and go to a different model such as the Dynasty 2.0 or the Spark. DD ( catcher) played indoors last Winter and wasn't allowed to wear her metals so we went with the Dynasty 2.0. It looks like she'll get at least another 3-4 indoor seasons out of them.

Nov 30, 2013
Stay with Ringor.DDs worn Tanels,Mizunos and Ringors and the Ringors have lasted the longest.The bottom cleated part of Mizunos wear quickly,but her Ringors she wore all last season have almost no wear.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
Thanks all. Ringors it is.

How are the break in times?

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD likes to work the bases so a lighter cleat is important to her and Mizuno fits that bill. She has a pair of molded ringors sitting in the closet that will never be worn out.

We live in the NE and DD has worn spikes since 14s in Travel ball. NJ schools just allowed spikes this year.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
How are the break in times?

The break in times may vary by model, but my DD has always just laced them up and played in them as soon as she received them. You may want to wear them to a couple of practices before going to a 3-day tournament with no backup plan in case she gets blisters.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06