Molded cleats in 14U+

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
My DD is a 12U pitcher but she does play some 14U. She has wore metal cleats before but she says that her molded cleats feel more comfortable. Anyone's DD wear molded cleats to pitch in 14U+?

May 20, 2015
we once played a 14u team where the pitcher wore old, vintage high top Air Jordans......and she threw in the low 60's with a nasty screw........they didn't plan on using her, but we we tied at 3 in the bottom of the 1st, bases loaded, no out......so they went to their #1.......we pissed them off, they made us pay at that point and there was not a lot we could do

but yeah, she wore Jordans

Sep 7, 2020
My DD is a 12U pitcher but she does play some 14U. She has wore metal cleats before but she says that her molded cleats feel more comfortable. Anyone's DD wear molded cleats to pitch in 14U+?
Our local JrHS does not allow spikes so the girls all have molded cleats. I bought two pair of Ringor pitching toe shoes one metal and one molded in the same model and she is comfortable in either. I don't know of a rule that they have to wear metal in TB, I do know it is allowed in all the tournaments we are in. I checked that out before spending extra money on metal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

May 7, 2015
SoCal
In first year 14u our A level organizational team recommended (haha recommended!) that everyone wear molded cleats.. Everyone did and it is was just fine!

2nd year 14u different coach, everyone now wears spikes. That's fine too! If DD wanted to wear molded I would have no hesitation in letting her.

Feb 1, 2021
Yes, especially with everyone going to turf now. No matter what position you play, you will need both molded and metal for the remainder of your DDs playing days unless she just commits to molded regardless of surface.

There is no shame in wearing molded cleats in 14U+ if that's the question.

Jan 28, 2017

DD just turned 15 and we always buys molded cleats. We play on turf a lot and you can wear molded.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma