Model swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Alabama's Whitney Larsen, 3 RBI HR:

123msrd.gif

rj34ph.gif

Jan 31, 2011
This thread is awesome. I copied 50+ video clips & showed them to my 12U TB team. I had 3 categories, general hitting examples, inside hitting, and outside hitting. I took my laptop to an indoor practice, bought 12 candy bars and we watched the hitting that we have been working on all winter. Thanks to everyone that posted clips, it was a great time breaking up the boredom of indoor practice for 11 & 12 year olds...

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Alabama's Whitney Larsen, 3 RBI HR:

rj34ph.gif

Watched the game and looked at this swing a few times. Very nice things happening, a good example of the spring example or a biomechanical correct sequence. Nice whip as the arms and bat spring forward.

Back foot up early as the hips rotate and the front side blocks. Back foot up with the bat still back. A very good swing to watch and study, perhaps one of the better ones posted in this thread.

Front foot stays closed even on the inside pitch and there isn't over rotation, perhaps that's why it went out in left center. Keeps a quiet front side, blocks, a channels energy up-wards (hips stop).

A very good swing to study even for a no stride.

Oct 19, 2009
Schlopy is one of my favorites. She displayed one of the best attitudes I've ever seen.

I’ve seen her hit in BB and games in person 3 different times and on TV a number of times in games. Like you I enjoy watching her play.

Her and a few of the other GA hitters use the same style when preparing to hit, A wide very open stance, they rhythm and movement is more movement from the knees what I refer to as a gallop, the load portion she brings left foot back to almost even with her right foot and goes to toe touch where at that point she swings and looks like most good hitters. The preparing to hit is similar to what I would see a lot of the slow-pitch hitters use when I played slow-pitch and that was many years ago.

I haven’t seen any other teams use this hitting style and was just wondering where this came from is this something GA teaches to some of their hitters?

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Ashley Pauly attended the same HS my DD will be attending next year. Our HS Metro team practices right after the varsity girls and she showed up and took batting practice in between. She started out slapping and then started hitting. It was hard to tell which she was going to do with that leg action, so I assumed that was why she did it. I have since noticed other hitters on GA doing it, like Schlopy, from the right side of the plate. Must be a 'GA thang'.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Watched the game and looked at this swing a few times. Very nice things happening, a good example of the spring example or a biomechanical correct sequence. Nice whip as the arms and bat spring forward.

Back foot up early as the hips rotate and the front side blocks. Back foot up with the bat still back. A very good swing to watch and study, perhaps one of the better ones posted in this thread.

Front foot stays closed even on the inside pitch and there isn't over rotation, perhaps that's why it went out in left center. Keeps a quiet front side, blocks, a channels energy up-wards (hips stop).

A very good swing to study even for a no stride.

Shawn, I appreciate your description. I agree that Whitney has a decent swing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32