Minimum fence distances for 14U?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 13, 2018
Scheduling field usage for regular season and a tournament. What's the smallest field size that's okay for a 14U town travel team. Level of teams are ones that may play in C level tournaments but aren't usually winning them. I have a 174/200/179 field, which I think is a LITTLE small, but would it be okay at that age (I'm doing the scheduling but my girls aren't that old yet, so I don't have the frame of reference!) Most games would be played on a bigger field, but I have a few games I need to find a place to get in and if this field wouldn't be way too small, I think it would work for us.

Thanks!

Jun 8, 2016
14U teams who wouldn't win a C tournament? Those dimensions are fine..I would be surprised if you have more than a few kids per season who hit one over the fence. Heck Cowgirl stadium (Oklahoma State's field) is 190 down both lines..

Jan 29, 2019
Clemmons, NC
That field size for a C team is certainly fine. Can't imagine too many HR's will be hit, but like canyonjoe said, if a few more kids hit a HR, there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe one of them get their first (maybe only) HR and have something to be excited about!

Nov 18, 2013
200’ is about average for HS softball field dimensions. NFHS recommends 185’-235’ so your lines will be just fine for 14U C.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00