Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Mevo Start vs Hero 9

Jun 7, 2020
Trying to decide which camera will be the best camera to purchase to record+stream my kids games. Both are nearly identical price wise so wondering if I could get some help in making the decision

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
GoPro records great... streaming is horrible. They only allow the ultra wide view (too wide, includes fence in the shot, and pushes the action way back). Mevo streams well but the recording is so so; mostly because of the limited resolution of the Mevo Start.

I talk about this in a bit more detail here:

Feb 7, 2016
I've had multiple versions of the GoPro camera. I'd highly recommend Mevo. Once you have it set up, you can be up and live streaming within a couple of clicks. Mevo seems to be more heat tolerant than the GoPro cameras as well. For me, the Mevo is also more user friendly.

Jul 14, 2018
My Mevo has mostly replaced my GoPro, because it can stream and record simultaneously and creates one file per game, so I can just upload to YouTube and format the card.

This weekend, however, I had spotty 5G service and the stream shut down in the middle of each game. What I didn’t expect was that the stream ending also ended the recording to the card.

Does anyone know of a setting to override that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midwestdad

DFP Vendor
Nov 17, 2020
Huntley, IL
My only advice is this. I have done recording with GoPro and live stream with Mevo. If your going to live stream and expect to pull that video to create highlights, that is NOT going to work. When you live stream, the vide will glitch regardless of how good your wireless connection is. When your trying to clip out plays, your looking for 2 to 3 seconds and I have lost a lot of great plays due to the wireless glitch at the wrong second.