Metal Cleat Question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2019
Are metal cleats not permitted in USA Softball until a certain age or is it just a local preference in which metal cleats may or may not be worn? I looked on the USA site but did not find the rule I was looking for...but I did not spend a whole lot of time either.

Oct 11, 2018
Rule Supplement 45 USA Rule Book. Metal cleats are legal in adult Fast Pitch and Slow Pitch, 14 and under, 16 and under and 18 and under Jo Fast Pitch play. They are not legal in adult coed slow-pitch, seniors in 10, and 12 and under Jo Fast Pitch play.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Basic rule...Metals allowed for 14U and older. Occasionally, you will find a facility that doesn't allow metals (usually artificial turf fields).

Apr 28, 2019
Are metal cleats not permitted in USA Softball until a certain age or is it just a local preference in which metal cleats may or may not be worn? I looked on the USA site but did not find the rule I was looking for...but I did not spend a whole lot of time either.

14U and above for metal cleats. MC’s not allowed in LL but ok for MS ball in my area.

Nov 29, 2009
Not a fan of turf fields. While they may be little to no maintenance and how they handle rain are great, it takes away from the game itself. The sharp single into the outfield ends up going for 2 or 3 bases too often when the ball rolls to fence.

Mar 8, 2016
Metal cleats are like it was to get your driver's license when I was young. You had to go to the DMV on your 16th birthday. The young girls have been listening to the clickety klack of the older girls for years and imagining what it would be like to be them. You can watch their heads turn when an older team with metal cleats goes walking by on concrete. As DD got close to moving to 14u the thing most on her mind was getting to wear metal cleats. It is almost a right of passage for the girls.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softball_1