me pitching, 1993 (21 yrs old)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
BH has consistently said that pitching vertically IS two planes while pitching horizontally (e.g. Curve) is working on one plane.

I agree with that... Curve w/ drop is the two planes of a horizontally pitched ball. My point is if it breaks out in front of plate 3-4' or after it is launched on, not as much movement is needed. :cool: JMHO

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I agree with that... Curve w/ drop is the two planes of a horizontally pitched ball. My point is if it breaks out in front of plate 3-4' or after it is launched on, not as much movement is needed. :cool: JMHO

Regardless of a lot or a little, break is continuous and smooth (even for 99.5% of knuckleballs). "Late" break is simply a matter of perception!

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
6. Several recognized Mike Larabee from his NCAA coaching but, it should also be noted that Pete Turner also coaches D1 (San Jose St) and was the US men's coach for quite a few years. Pete started the last inning rally with a hit. Larabee is now at Central Washington after leaving Arkansas. I think a few other guys had college jobs too but, I don't know where. Probably in the pacific NW area. Catcher Todd Garcia was married to Dee Dee Weiman for many years (I maybe mispelling her last name) but I think she pitched at UCLA, or somewhere in California.

Bill

I see Mike Larabee has Mike Meyers and Jim Peterson joining him as CWU. They were also on the Sea-First team. Looks alike a wealth of experience over there.

Feb 22, 2013
Bill,

As my dd has moved away from TB and is in her college years of pitching, she has become more of a student of the game. The other day she called me from school after reading post #11 in this thread and was really impressed with points 1., 2. and 3. My dd was about 12 years old when she became smarter than her dad sitting on the bucket.

Thanks for sharing in this forum.

May 12, 2014
CALIFORNIA
BH has consistently said that pitching vertically IS two planes while pitching horizontally (e.g. Curve) is working on one plane.

Bill has always stated that hitters at the top level are too good to just throw a curve or screw that moves only horizontally, which is what he means by moves on two planes with his pitches. So his "screwball" doesn't just move in on righties or away from lefties it also drops, his curve ball doesn't just come in on lefties or away from righties but it also rises. I think it's pretty simple to see what he is talking about, not that vertically is two planes and horizontally is one, but a combination of them both.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1