me pitching, 1993 (21 yrs old)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
One of the questions I get asked a lot is if I have any video of me in games. Well, by the time video cameras became household items, I was no longer the pitcher of choice when we'd play a game that would be televised!! But this is from 1993 in Perth Ontario. The Perth Shootout was the most prestigious tournament in North America, $6000 first prize. The Toronto Gators went on to win the World Championship that year and their pitcher Darren Zack is considered by many to be the best ever. He has world stats that will NEVER be broken including the 1995 world tournament (when his team beat mine in 11 innings) and he set the scoreless record of 76 2/3 innings. That's not EARNED runs... that's no runs period. His team lost their first game in 1995 and he went every game after to win 10 straight games over 7 days. But, anyway, this is the ONLY live footage of me pitching that I have found. Hal Skinner (if you're up there watching) you used to mock me about the pitch I called the cutter, that drops down and in... maybe it's not so funny now that it can be seen. LOL.

For what it's worth... I did NOT start this final... I started (and won) the semi final and the plan was to go with our other pitcher as long as possible in championship... the commentators were asking why I didn't start...

[video]https://youtu.be/n4W3-1ynQEY[/video]

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
BH%4025.gif

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
That cutter is sick! Would love to see that from behind the catcher's left shoulder!

PC,
Hope you're making gifs for the other pitches!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321