Massage therapy for Catchers, pitchers and Quarterbacks

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Does anyone take their kids to get monthly massage therapy sessions for knots in the shoulder area. We've haven't gone in a while and and when we did my dd had a whole new arm. After talking to a parent that has their kid do catching and pitching (yea lot of work there) he was saying they go every two weeks to work out the kinks?

Just seeing if anyone else does this.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD occasionally goes to see a sports chiropractor during the season, but not on a regular basis.

Jun 12, 2015
We see a chiropractor once a month as a family. I love chiropractic. I've been thinking about massage for my pitcher, at least during peak season. Besides being helpful I think she'd enjoy it.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
Times have sure changed lol. I can only imagine what my dad would have said if I would have asked for a massage after pitching a few games. :eek:

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
My DD started having upper trap spasms in September during volleyball that popped up again during her last tourney of the fall. I was wondering if a massage would help.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I go about once a month, or if I forget my age and leap in the air, extending my glove arm further than I should. Believe it or not, manicures are a good idea for pitchers, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild