Marucci Pure - Review

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2013
I called a local dealer that sells Marucci baseball bats but not the new fastpitch bat - she had no idea what I was talking about. Is this just a delay in the supply chain or a dealer education issue? Or do dealers have to reach out to Marucci and take the initiative themselves and want to stock this item? In defense of the retailer I was probably talking to a 20 year old part timer who was also looking at their FB page on their iphone while talking to me on the landline.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I called a local dealer that sells Marucci baseball bats but not the new fastpitch bat - she had no idea what I was talking about. Is this just a delay in the supply chain or a dealer education issue? Or do dealers have to reach out to Marucci and take the initiative themselves and want to stock this item? In defense of the retailer I was probably talking to a 20 year old part timer who was also looking at their FB page on their iphone while talking to me on the landline.

No, the manufacturer will contact the dealers when a new product/program comes out. Its up to the dealers to invest and what tier to invest at. You dont have to order anything.
But you are correct, you might have been talking to a HS kid who doesnt know what is due to come in either. Not every dealer tells their employees everything either.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
I talked to Cassie. The bat is in early marketing stages. Marketed to teams and orgs with only a couple bigger retailers selling them online like dicks. Trying to get team placement, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse