Marucci Pure - Review

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
Contacted Cassie Trosclair at Marucci via their website and we discussed the lack of reviews associated with their new Pure bat. She was kind enough to send our organization a couple of demo's to try out.

Here are the results.

I have one twin who is a contact hitter who has power and the other is a power hitter. Power hitters normal bat is an SRV4B and contact hitter's is an LXT.

To mix it up, we went to a batting cage that offers demo's so the bats tested by both twins were:
FS2
LXT
SYnergy SRV4B
XENO
Marucci Pure

Contact hiter DD hit with all bats and her order of preferenc was LXT, Pure, Xeno, Synergy and FS2
Power hitters preference was Pure, LXT, Synergy, XENO and FS2

Contact hitter described the Pure as extremely smooth to swing, tons of pop. She commented that it swung a bit heavy for its weight. Had similar contact feel as the Synergy. When compared to her LXT, for her swing, the LXT out performed the Pure. But she enjoyed hitting the bat. It is important to note, the LXT has 2K hits on it, the Pure had 200 and seemed to continue to open up.

Power hitter twin loved the Pure. Her swing speed seem to fit well with bat. She also commented on the smoothness of it. She found it light though...her SRV4B is 24.7 oz...vice the 23oz Pure. She has asked for me to get her the Limited Edition 34 -9 for her. So that is a good sign.

As a coach hitting the bat, the barrel is longer than Demarini as well as the Xeno/LXT, but that did not correspond to better inside pitch performance. Low on the barrel contact had little pop, but was still strong and not dead. Top 2/3rds of the barrel performed well, was consistent and fun to hit. The showcase coaches stroked over 200 hits to various age groups with it and found it to be fun and cotact was crisp with no vibration.

I hope this helps with folks who are curious about this new bat. This is a first GEN and marucci is on the right track.

moe

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks for your efforts and review. Good stuff.

Did you happen to get an exact weight? What is the sticker length/weight?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2011
Did both the twins swing the 33/23 model? And does it retail for the typical $299 or is it one of those special $349-$399 bats?

moe

Aug 14, 2013
THey are 299. I think they are priced right. They do perform well, they are hot out of the wrapper and continued to open up through the test phase. Both twins used the 33 -10. the 40 or so kids at the rec showcase, most used the 32 -10.

Shipping out today, will get live weight at the PO.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Dont worry, the typical 299 bat might become not so typical in the near future

It could go either way but no matter which way it goes, you're right. If people continue to spend the money, the price will continue to go up and you won't see too many $299 bats anymore. If they quit spending $299 or higher on a bat in search of the holy grail and spent the extra money on a quality hitting coach instead, the prices will drop since most will be buying last years model at half the price and demand will go down. Of course, option 2 requires time and hard work so I think that is out for many in today's society because they are looking for the quick fix or the easy button.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
It could go either way but no matter which way it goes, you're right. If people continue to spend the money, the price will continue to go up and you won't see too many $299 bats anymore. If they quit spending $299 or higher on a bat in search of the holy grail and spent the extra money on a quality hitting coach instead, the prices will drop since most will be buying last years model at half the price and demand will go down. Of course, option 2 requires time and hard work so I think that is out for many in today's society because they are looking for the quick fix or the easy button.

We typically buy last years or used...and go with the Hitting coach route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi