Marucci Pure - Review

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Marucci Demo - YouTube

Here is the bat in action. I am still creating the video be kind. I will be adding the girls tomorrow. Loved the bats.
Nicki Starry - Ex Wisconsin Badger. She wasn't happy with her form but I say she still has it!

I could really do without the "pulsating bat" at the beginning. Try adding some technical manufacturing details....any chance you can get an interview with one of the product engineers to discuss the differentiating items from other manufacturers?

Oct 10, 2011
numbers

Any chance someone who has some demo bats can measure some exit speeds along with some other bats?
I'll get you some old school data. I take the bats out and mark the distances. I'll also get some zepp numbers on bat speed at contact. The problem is the -10 will be brand new and the-9 will be slightly used. I sold our-9 xeno and our 2 Makos are broken in and on fire so I'm not sure how fair the competition will be for distance.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I'll get you some old school data. I take the bats out and mark the distances. I'll also get some zepp numbers on bat speed at contact. The problem is the -10 will be brand new and the-9 will be slightly used. I sold our-9 xeno and our 2 Makos are broken in and on fire so I'm not sure how fair the competition will be for distance.

Distance is great, but can be effected by wind, humidity, trajectory, ect....just measure the exit speed - preferably with balls of similar age/use/manufacture.

Oct 10, 2011
radar

Distance is great, but can be effected by wind, humidity, trajectory, ect....just measure the exit speed - preferably with balls of similar age/use/manufacture.
Unfortunately I don't have a radar gun for exit speed so maybe mleber can do that. I do use all the same balls off a tee. The humidity won't change in the time I'm there and I think doing around 50 hits each gives a really good idea of what's working (for that person). I wish they all had the same number of swings to start. For instance our Xeno out performed our new 2015 Mako but didn't do as well as our 2015 Mako that had a few hundred+ hits on it.

Oct 10, 2011

Just a look at the three 33" bats. Marucci -9,, Marucci -10, Easton Mako -10
The Marucci -10 has the longest barrel but is narrower than the Mako [before ]the Mako connection point (hope that is clear)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00