Marucci Pure - Review

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I think they have to or their product line may look inferior:rolleyes:

Everybody spins it to make it look like they are doing it for everybody else. They will say its costs and they wanna give the dealers more room for profit...blah blah blah. But yet, funny how our prices go up almost as much as the jump in msrp.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Everybody spins it to make it look like they are doing it for everybody else. They will say its costs and they wanna give the dealers more room for profit...blah blah blah. But yet, funny how our prices go up almost as much as the jump in msrp.

And it's probably the same Chinese made $39 blank that has been in production for the past 5 years with a different paint job. Don't forget, you're also paying the R&D costs for the next generation of "super hot" bats as well as the warranty replacements when the current ones break under warranty. Don't worry though, the manufacturers are all doing it so that the players can get the most out of their swing....riiiiiggghhht (sarcastic remark is intended)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Miken, Worth and Demarini are made in USA

I will say, manufacturers arent looking to have a sub par bat. Each one wants the best. Dont mistake wanting profits for not caring about having the best bats.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Dont mistake wanting profits for not caring about having the best bats.

Agreed. Usually you can't make a profit without a quality product to sell. However, the marketing ploys all make it about the players which is only normal I guess since they're the ones that will end up with these bats in hand sooner rather than later for the most part.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Agreed. Usually you can't make a profit without a quality product to sell. However, the marketing ploys all make it about the players which is only normal I guess since they're the ones that will end up with these bats in hand sooner rather than later for the most part.

You cant have one without the other. If you dont make products for the player in mind, sales/profits wont be there.

collinspc

Softball Dad
Apr 23, 2014
Pittsburgh PA
We typically buy last years or used...and go with the Hitting coach route.

Same here, I have never purchased the kids equipment, not just the bats, new. I always wait for the latest and greatest to come out, then I buy the last model latest and greatest.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
You cant have one without the other. If you dont make products for the player in mind, sales/profits wont be there.

The previous posts were more about the manufacturers' marketing themselves as having nothing but altruistic motives in producing these bats as opposed to developing them for profit. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for businesses making the most profit they can as long as it's not at the expense of the employees. After all, we live in a capitalistic society and economy. That being said, I wouldn't mind a little more truth in advertising. How to go about getting it is the real question. Maybe they can start a "Bat War" much like AT&T and Verizon has done with their respective 4G networks...lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55