Maggie Update - Help Appreciated

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
Here's a swing from a previous session (probably 2-3 days before the video on the initial post). I think this looks better. I see where there's not as much movement of her head. She looks much more balanced. She doesn't load up on her backside as much either.

Cobra - your daughter is basically flattening the barrel and rotating it into the ball. It's very fast so she can hit with it, but her forearms and hands could work so much better if they rotated immediately to get the barrel going instead of getting lost behind her a bit.

May 1, 2011

Hit today. 3 Different views. I let her read everyone's feedback. She really studied Alex Hugo over the last few days and is trying to feel what she's seeing there. She did ask that if you see something, AND have a drill that might help her feel/fix what it is she's working on, to please share. Thanks again.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020

Hit today. 3 Different views. I let her read everyone's feedback. She really studied Alex Hugo over the last few days and is trying to feel what she's seeing there. She did ask that if you see something, AND have a drill that might help her feel/fix what it is she's working on, to please share. Thanks again.

If I were limited to only two words, they would be "AWESOME MAGGIE"!!!

Ready to set up a home plate and the inside line of the batters box so you can move the tee around to hit different pitches. When you put the tee on a bucket to hit a rise ball, it will probably be a moon shot over the net and the water o_O

Attached this Youtube for the information.

- How important is breathing at the plate?

May 12, 2016

Liked this swing much better than the previous, felt like she stayed through the ball a little better. Nice, tell your DD to keep up the great work!!

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
She is skipping the back foot even further. Her swing is momentum based, she is shifting the weight back and then forward. Back foot skipping forward to much is indicator of a weight shift problem.

I also agree with Buttermaker.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I see some good things in her swing. She is collapsing the hands/barrel into the body. As Buttermaker said she is leveling the barrel and trapping it behind the body to much. This is letting the spring go to soon and if she did what Buttermaker suggest I think her swing would be even better.

May 12, 2016
She is skipping the back foot even further. Her swing is momentum based, she is shifting the weight back and then forward. Back foot skipping forward to much is indicator of a weight shift problem.

I also agree with Buttermaker.

I believe in anchoring the back foot.. however it will release. Just because the back foot skips does not mean a weight shift problem.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Hey Maggie

Maybe try this and see how it feels with the front shoulder not rotating back just the back elbow pulling back? The hands will remain in front of the deltoid like you are doing now.

- Jessie Warren Softball Swing

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Julray,

I don’t see Altuve skipping forward. I didn’t watch the entire video. It is natural for back foot to come forward a few inches.

Does Harper’s swing like that on every swing or is this just a case of making a timing adjustment?

When hitting off a tee you shouldn’t have any timing problems that would result in back foot skipping very far.

Harper is early and so Is Cabrera, you can see how far out front Cabrera is making contact.

May 12, 2016
Julray,

I don’t see Altuve skipping forward. I didn’t watch the entire video. It is natural for back foot to come forward a few inches.

Does Harper’s swing like that on every swing or is this just a case of making a timing adjustment?

When hitting off a tee you shouldn’t have any timing problems that would result in back foot skipping very far.

Harper is early and so Is Cabrera, you can see how far out front Cabrera is making contact.

So you believe every time we see a good swing with the back foot skipping it's a timing issue? And you believe Cabrera is out front on his swing?

Capture.PNG

I don't see it that way. Just saying you can't look at a swing a judge a shift issue by how far the back foot skips

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi