Maddie's Middle School Softball Tryouts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
IMO, there is something special about playing for your schools team. They are in the school newspaper, there are PA announcements to the student body, wearing the school colors and playing with old friends from rec leagues and travel ball. DD is playing JV and the level of play is very mixed. In pre-season, some teams they faced seemed to be worse than "C" level rec. teams but once league play starts this coming week, the teams should be a lot more competitive. School ball will never be the same as a strong PGF type travel ball team but that's ok because it's a different experience and can be very fun and entertaining.

Jan 23, 2014
My daughter also has been out due to what appears to be a nerve irritation issue in her wrist . Thought it was a sprain, after a month of not being better we had MRI and it came back clean so the assumption became nerve irritation. Would you mind telling me how your daughter was diagnosed?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My daughter also has been out due to what appears to be a nerve irritation issue in her wrist . Thought it was a sprain, after a month of not being better we had MRI and it came back clean so the assumption became nerve irritation. Would you mind telling me how your daughter was diagnosed?

Lots of poking, prodding, twisting, and other assorted movements by 2 MDs and 2 physical therapists, along with Maddie's description of the sensations she was feeling. This issue has been more sharp pain and tingling rather than the deeper aching that usually goes with muscle and ligament damage. X-rays ruled out any bone issues.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
Until she gets to Varsity, I look at school ball as pre-season for travel ball.
They get daily workouts, and here in the northeast, typically 2-3 games/week from April-May.
March is school pre-season, and is typically tryouts, then work in the cages and pitching/catching.

Our first travel tournament/showcase isn't until June...

May 24, 2013
So Cal
They get daily workouts, and here in the northeast, typically 2-3 games/week from April-May.
March is school pre-season, and is typically tryouts, then work in the cages and pitching/catching.

Middle School softball will be one practice and one game per week. Our first TB tournament is in two weeks, and some teams have already played tournaments. We've been playing friendlies every (dry) weekend since the beginning of February.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
Our first TB tournament is in two weeks, and some teams have already played tournaments. We've been playing friendlies every (dry) weekend since the beginning of February.

hey, man... nobody likes a California show-off. ;-P

We just got 30" of snow here yesterday...

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

DD plays varsity and we still look at it as "pre-season". High school ball is fun, and all. But it just isn't the same.

By the way, I'm glad to see I-81 is finally open again. What a mess...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles